Rekindling my passion for cooking

I looked in my mums fridge and all of a sudden all I could think about was making tons of delicious meals... is that weird? ;o)
Cooking has always been a passion of mine, but unfortunately one that gets pushed to the wayside when I am working a lot, and/or life gets busy.
One of the things I enjoy about cooking is the prep work. It is a sort of therapy. The cleaning, cutting, slicing process is a time for me to "meditate".
The preparation of the meal is like painting for me (another passion that gets ignored). Choosing the colors, smells, and tastes is an art form in itself. Then combining them and making something people actually enjoy... like revealing an art work that people actually understand. ;o)
So next time you are faced with cooking, think of it as your next masterpiece and enjoy the hell out of it! :o)

Today I made:
Garlic, Onion, Bacon, Brussel Sprout Skewers (drizzle olive oil, add sea salt and freshly ground pepper)
Zucchini Chips (drizzle olive oil, add sea salt and freshly ground pepper)
Lemon Dill Potatoes (2 large potatoes sliced, 1/2 to whole lemon sliced (serving 4), layer both in baking dish, drizzle with olive oil, add dill, sea salt, and freshly ground pepper)
Cook all at 450 degrees for 35 mins
Flip chips and skewers half way
Keep eye on them as they will be done before potatoes - cook brussel sprouts to desired tenderness
Serve and enjoy!
(I used leftover brussel sprouts etc and sauteed them - pic of bowl of sprouts)
Until next time,
Live. Laugh. Love!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PLEASE do not give up!!!

Anger Management

Self Respect