A Decade...

Deep breaths... I just had a whole blog post written and when I hit "save", lost the whole thing. It is taking everything I have to not throw my phone through the wall... lol (never mind frustrating, this is day 3 of (cold turkey) quitting smoking!)

Ok... let's try this again...

Holy Shat!!! I can NOT believe it has already been 10 years since I had my son! (Not the same wording as before :oP meh... lol)

If you follow our Facebook page you will have seen the post I did this morning for his birthday :o)

One thing going through my head is one of the reasons we left Breckenridge when we did... ineffective choices that took (quality) time with me, away from my son. More to the (selfish) point: took time with my son from me!
(After putting him through & getting him out of a 5 year abusive relationship (with my ex boyfriend), I wasn't going to go back to making similar ineffective choices, and in turn hurt my son.)

This is definitely a big self judgment for me... One I work through every time I make an ineffective choice that negatively effects my son & I ('s relationship).

Have you ever judged yourself as a parent?

As with any situation I can't change, and can only learn from, I put myself through the Acknowledgement & Acceptance Process. Learn, Let Go, Move On.

What do you do?

We are now in a healthier place (overall).
We are still going through an upward battle in regards to life in general, but we are making the effective steps towards some balance, and peace.

One of the effective steps is spending quality time together.

What activities do you enjoy doing with your child(ren)?

We enjoy hiking/walking, playing games, snowboarding, arts & crafts, day trips, camping, rafting, disc golf, movie time, watching our fave TV shows together - and so much more!

Try to squeeze as much as I can in the next 24 - 36 months before he is a teenager and wants nothing to do with me ;o) lol

Speaking of, I made him a Birthday Cake last night :o)
I also got him a helium balloon and birthday boy button, that he seemed less than stoked on :oP (see, he's already got the teenager attitude starting lol)
The cake though was his request. He is really into Minecraft so I asked him which character he would like his cake to look like... He chose the pig ;o)

I had to work last minute, and our weekend ran long, so I didn't have the time to make a fancy, fondant cake (as I had planned). I did though manage to get a cake done using icing and a regular ole knife. Just took some patience on my part ;o)

...and with that, my brain has taken a crap, and I don't know what else to write lol

Until next time,
Happy 10th Birthday, Ryder!!! ♡♡♡
And to all of you ;o)
Live. Laugh. Love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PLEASE do not give up!!!

Anger Management

Self Respect