Salmon: 1st take and 2nd take

We love Salmon!!! But haven't bought a lot recently as its getting harder to find wild caught - domestic salmon, and I won't buy wild fish from most other areas due to pollution. And also won't buy farmed due to mercury content (among other things).

Well we were lucky and found some wild caught, domestic salmon and I made baked Salmon yesterday.

Easy Peasey Recipe:
Salmon ;-)
Olive Oil
Himalayan Pink Salt
Pepper
(Kirkland) Organic No Salt Seasoning
Lemon Juice

Put all on minus the lemon juice.
(Be generous with No Salt Seasoning as this is main portion of your...)
Rub :-)
Drizzle with lemon juice
Wrap in foil
Bake at 325-350 (time varies depending on size of fish being baked - don't bake too long or it will dry out, ick lol)

We made mashed potatoes and green beans with our Salmon.

Today my boyfriend was working a double, and I had been going at it since 6 am this morning, so needless to say I had no interest in figuring out what to make for dinner.

Open fridge... only leftovers are from last night, and half an ear of (cooked) corn... ummmm...

Salmon Cakes! :-D

(Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees)
I used a portion of our leftover salmon, broke it up, and mixed it in with the left over mashers.
Next I removed the corn from the cob, and then mixed that in.
Now I divided the mixture evenly, made balls, and then made patties.
I put patties on greased/non-stick baking sheet/pan (or the like).
They were baked until golden brown & edges were getting crispy/brown. (Approximately half way through I gave them a little brushing of butter, a little sea salt & pepper.)
Carefully remove and plate.

Voila! Enjoy!
(My son said they tasted a lot like crab cakes.)

Do not hesitate to ask me any questions about these 2 recipes! Or anything I post for that matter :-)

Until next time,
Live. Laugh. Love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PLEASE do not give up!!!

Anger Management

Self Respect