When love isn't enough

Addiction is a horrible disease. It is all consuming. It turns the good hearted into selfish, hurtful, untrustworthy, monsters we don't recognize.

I am an addict. And I am dating & living with an addict.

Currently I have my addictions under control. My boyfriend is not so lucky. And in turn, my son & I are not so lucky.

How long do you allow the addict to negatively affect your life?
How long do you allow the addict to hurt you?

As someone whose mental illness has negatively affected my loved ones lives my whole life, I feel I cannot walk away from this man. But as someone who has learned to love & respect herself, I know I should walk for my and my son's own mental health.

How do you know when love isn't enough?
How do you walk away from someone who claims they love you ultimately?

I am so torn...

Until next time,
Live. Laugh. Love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PLEASE do not give up!!!

Anger Management

Self Respect