Yummy Banana Bread - Chocolate Chip Cookies

Hello there! :-)

To start I have to admit;
I use a variation of the Betty Crocker Banana Bread Recipe ;-)

Here is the original recipe:

Ingredients

2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, softened
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups mashed very ripe bananas (3 medium)
1/4 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla
2 cups Betty Crocker™ All-Purpose Gluten Free Rice Flour Blend
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, if desired                    

 

Directions
  • 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom only of 9x5- or 8x4-inch loaf pan.
  • 2 In large bowl, beat sugar and butter with electric mixer on medium speed until light. Add eggs; beat well. Stir in bananas, buttermilk and vanilla; blend well. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt just until moistened. Stir in walnuts. Pour into pan.
  • 3 Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in pan on cooling rack.
  • 4 Loosen sides of loaf from pan; remove from pan, and place top side up on cooling rack. Cool completely, 1 to 2 hours, before slicing. Wrap tightly, and store at room temperature up to 4 days, or refrigerate.
 
 
 
For my cookies (and bread) I have a few variations:
We never have buttermilk so I use what I do have - regular milk, almond milk, (greek) yogurt, and the like
I add 1/3-2/3 cups brown sugar (brings total amount of sugar to 1 - 1 1/3 cups - do not add brown sugar if you're worried about sugar intake - I do this for consistency & flavor)
We up the vanilla
I substitute 1 cup all purpose gluten free flour at times for different consistency/flavor, and use 1 1/3 - 1 2/3 cups of rice flour - when I don't substitute all purpose flour I haven't found the need to add 1/3-2/3 cups of extra flour to this recipe (though depending on the day/climate, it does vary - gotta love Colorado High Altitude Baking lol)
If I want some extra sugar and/or moisture I add applesauce    
For the cookies I add chocolate chips :-)
And for the cookies I did drop cookies :-) at 350 degrees for around 10-15 minutes depending on size/consistency. When they are "tan" ;-) you know they are ready :-)
 
We enjoy these and hope you do too!
Until next time,
Live. Laugh. Love.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PLEASE do not give up!!!

Anger Management

Self Respect