2 Dish Roast

Alrighty, per my norm lol I didn't measure anything :-P but here are ingredients used to make this roast, and then a soup/stew.

Thyme
Freshly Ground Pepper
Sea Salt
Hungarian Hot Paprika
Basil
Minced Garlic (I recommend fresh garlic cloves. I just didn't have any.)
Beef Broth
Oil of your choice

I cut slices in the roast and filled them with garlic.
I cut up 4 potatoes, 1 onion, couple handfuls of baby carrots, butternut squash, and cauliflower head: put all in mixing bowl. Added above seasonings... 1 to 2 tsp of each. 2 tsp+ of thyme. Drizzle with cap of oil and mix.
In roast pan I spread the veggie mix.
Ingredients above were rubbed on roast... again, approximately 1-2 tsp of each. I then did another sprinkle of season and drizzled all with oil.
I baked at 325 degrees, basting regularly. About an hour in I added 1 cup of beef broth to roast pan, and continued basting regularly.
Take the roast out when thermometer reads med rare for more of a medium roast as it will set up when taken out of oven.
If you cook on lower temp for longer it won't dry out as much. I didn't have time for that haha moisture is important either way!!!


After we ate I put the left over in a container with 1 cup of beef broth.

The next day I turned this into an amazing soup/stew! :-D 

The only additions to the recipe are 2 cans of organic diced tomatoes and 1 can of organic peas.
Otherwise I used all the same ingredients as I did to make the roast. 
I added 4 cups of beef broth while cooking, 4 more potatoes, 1 more onion, carrots, peas, and approximately 2-4 tsp of each spice.
When we served it that night it was like a yummy beef & vegetable soup. The next day it was an awesome stew :-D 

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask!
Hope you enjoy!!! :-D 
Until next time, 
Live. Laugh. Love. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PLEASE do not give up!!!

Anger Management

Self Respect