Living with me isn't easy...

Where do we begin...
Invisible Illnesses, I guess.

Living with someone diagnosed with rapid  cycling bipolar 1 disorder is a trial on its own. Now add in social & generalized anxiety, PTSD, fibromyalgia, arthritis, chronic g.i. pain & nausea - and the list goes on - and you have your hands full to say the least.

My family is stuck with me ;-) they are blood. My son is my reason to keep going. My parents are two of my best friends.

...bless his soul, my boyfriend (whom has his own trials & tribulations), has done his best the last 8+ months to deal with my ever cycling moods (no matter how well I cope, I have ineffective moments), to support me, help me grow, and be a friend... he may be at his wits end...

I cycled in the last 24 hours from hypo - manic mixed with mania, to depression. And unfortunately it seems to be the worst bout of depression he has dealt with yet, and sadly neither of us coped so well today...

He is doing what he should; taking time away from me and getting some fresh air.
I can only hope I haven't scared him away... can only hope the frustrations he has with my moods & conditions can be worked through, and the issues accepted... can only hope that like I do for him when he is struggling, he sticks by my side... but I know how very hard it is to love & live with someone like myself.

Here are a few links that may be helpful for those living with loved ones that have Bipolar Disorder.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/insight-is-2020/201206/bipolar-disorder-loving-someone-who-is-manic-depressive

http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2009/02/22/8-ways-to-help-your-bipolar-loved-one-cope/

http://www.bandbacktogether.com/coping-loving-someone-with-bipolar-disorder/

I hope those are helpful. I know how hard it is ♡

End thought... if you as someone whom lives with a loved one with mental illness is exhausted from their illness, imagine how they feel ♡♡♡ 

Until next time,
Live. Laugh. Love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PLEASE do not give up!!!

Anger Management

Self Respect