Sober Fun


Summit County was recently rated the drunkest county in Colorado... meh

Anyone who lives here will admit it, and most are (sadly) proud of it.
As someone who has chosen once again to not drink on a regular basis I have "lost" many friends. Most here just do not know how to do anything with out alcohol. One of those closest to me is a recovering alcoholic and one of his biggest issues with being sober is that he does not know how to enjoy anything without being drunk/drinking. It saddens me.

A girl friend of mine suggested Sober Events, and I thought it was a great idea! But unfortunately the excitement over the idea ended at me...

Why is it so many need alcohol (or drugs) to have fun?

I do not think we will ever have a conclusive answer. As it goes with issues of the heart or the mind, it varies person to person.

But this is not really where I want to go with this post. What I wanted to do was suggest Sober Fun.
Above you see a pic with some ideas... I want to continue this list.

Snowboarding/Skiing
Skateboarding
Theater
Zoo
Museum
Scenic By Way
Day Trip
Hot Springs
Coloring
Photography
Pottery
Brain Games
Bowling
Rock Climbing
Tours
Comedy Show
Dry Clubs
Fly a Kite
Rafting/Kayak/Canoe/Boat/Sail
Dirt Bike
Snowmobile
Volunteer
(Mini) Golf
Laser Tag
Paintball
Knit/Crochet
Gardening
Trivia Night

I think this is a good start.
If you have ideas to share please do so!
Let's rally our friends and try to all learn how to have fun without alcohol :-D

Until next time,
Live. Laugh. Love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PLEASE do not give up!!!

Anger Management

Self Respect