Rudy's Moisturizing Skin Cleanser & Scrub

I made this just for my dad :-) and his name is Rudy - hence the name of the cleanser ;-)

What do you get the man whom has everything he wants (that I can afford lol)?

My dad suffers from adult acne. Not bad. But he has break outs that bug him. Annnd since I have been trying to convince him to switch to Non Toxic Products I decided to make him an All Natural & Non Toxic Face Cleanser for Christmas. (I also made salt dough ornaments and am giving him one of those as well. My parents love getting new ornaments every year.)

I started by researching recipes on Pinterest ;-)

And here is the recipe I came up with:

Equal Parts:
(Organic) Coconut Oil
Sugar
Baking Soda
Optional, Add desired amount of: Ava Anderson Non Toxic Hand & Body Cream (added moisture and contains ingredients like Medica Limonum (Lemon) Essential Oil which is great for cleansing)
Mix together and use, and/or store remains.
Suggestion: I would refrigerate if not using on a regular basis - especially if it's warm where you live. Coconut Oil likes to liquify. I keep coconut oil products in the fridge if I think it's warm enough to liquify.

If giving as a gift it's easy to make decorative labels on your computer or by hand. I like to use scrapbook paper and embellishments. And I prefer fine tip sharpies for craft writing. To each their own though :-)
Suggestion: Make sure to use a jar that's easy to get fingers into. Mason jars and similar are too deep. I used a little glass dish that came with a plastic lid.

Do you have a DIY Recipe you would like to share with us?

Until next time folks,
Live. Laugh. Love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PLEASE do not give up!!!

Anger Management

Self Respect