Commitment to Self

My only commitment right now is to myself; to bettering myself. And as always, I will be honest and admit that some days I am more (or less) effective than others.

This past week has been a very good example of this; While I have made steps to be healthier, I also have done things to inhibit my growth. For those of us with mental illness and addiction this is just part of the journey. What I am trying not to do is viciously judge myself for the mistakes I have made. Rather I am trying to acknowledge them for what they are, accept them for what they are; try to learn from them/the process; move on and try not repeat the ineffective choices. That's all we can do - try to do better when we know better. We can't change the past. But we can better our future (self).

Some things that are helping me right now: focusing on the beauty around me, people that love me, and the knowledge that I can make myself happier & more stable.

Something that is still holding me back: the nagging voice in my head that keeps reminding me that no matter how much work I put in, I will always be sick and therefore always a burden of one form or another to my loved ones... their constant messages telling me to keep going and that they want me in their lives helps tone down this nagging voice... 

Day by day. Commitment to Self ♡

Until next time,
Live. Laugh. Love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PLEASE do not give up!!!

Anger Management

Self Respect