PTSD & Chronic Pain

Do you suffer from PTSD & Chronic Pain?
During my psychiatric appointment this morning my new psychiatrist had me tell her my physical diagnosis and issues.
As I was listing them off her face seemed to get excited. When I finished telling her my varying chronic pain issues her question was, "Were you (sexually) abused as a child?"
She informed me that the medical community has found a high correlation between PTSD and Chronic Pain. They believe it is due to Muscle Memory. (This is why treatments like EMDR are helpful for trauma victims.)
This is new information to me so I plan to research the topic, and thought I would share what I have found so far.

Please read the following articles:
http://www.ptsd.va.gov/professional/co-occurring/chronic-pain-ptsd-providers.asp

http://www.ptsd.va.gov/public/problems/pain-ptsd-guide-patients.asp

If you suffer from PTSD & Chronic Pain has your (mental) health team ever discussed this correlation with you?
If so, what treatments have you tried?

Would love to hear from all of you out there!

Until next time,
Live. Laugh. Love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PLEASE do not give up!!!

Anger Management

Self Respect