"20 Minutes of Action" : the Stanford Rape

To be completely honest, I have not followed this case. It is difficult for me to do so due to my own abuse history. I have heard the basics, especially the ugliness. I have a few things to say...

In Regards to The Judge:
Please stop threatening the judge. It will not help. It will not change anything.
Want to help?
Help change the laws.
Help set new legal precedence.
Help out at shelters, peer support organizations, and the like.
But stop with the hate. There is enough of that negative, ugly emotion/feeling/action in the world already.


Here is what I would like to say to the father and rapist...

To the Father:
You would not make comments as you have if "20 minutes of action" - such as what happened by the hands (and genitalia) of your son - happened to you.
Those 20 Minutes of Action have irreversibly & negatively changed a young women's life. She will never be the same. She will never think the same. She will never feel the same. The 20 minutes of action by your son has (metaphorically) ended a woman's life. I should know as men have done the same to me. But alas, I am wasting my breath as men like you, will never begin to imagine, and will never see actions (like those of your son) as wrong and punishable. Your son or not, if you knew what he has done is (horribly) wrong, you should support full punishment. If my son raped someone, I would send his ass to prison myself. Shame on you!

To the Rapist:
If you are not a sociopath or psychopath, you will feel remorse (sooner or later).
Maybe right now you are too young. Too selfish. Too self entitled. But one day you WILL feel guilt. And when that day comes, I hope you get the help you (will) desperately need.
As I mentioned in my message to your father, those 20 Minutes of Action have irreversibly & negatively changed a young women's life. She will never be the same. She will never think the same way. She will never feel the same way. The 20 minutes of action by you has (metaphorically) ended a woman's life.
As a victim (turned warrior) of abuse, I pray for you - and I am the farthest thing from religious. Your life will never be the same. People know what you have done. Your future will forever be shaded by your sin. You have not only changed the life of a female, you have changed your own life as well.
...Dark thought; even though you will only see 6 months in jail, you might quite possibly land up sexually abused... part of me hopes that happens to you, but my heart is ever compassionate and knowing what rape does to one, I truly hope that you do not suffer what you have done to another.

If you are a sociopath or psychopath, there are no words, as no words will matter to you. You will never see any wrong doing in what you have done. Never feel remorse. Never feel guilt. ...I will not waste another word on you.



This world can be an ugly place, all because of ugly people. It is sad, but it is what it is. The rest of us need to focus more attention on positive human traits; compassion, empathy, love, acceptance, and similar. And we need to make sure our negative traits - greed, selfishness, jealousy - are kept in check. The world is unfortunately out of balance, and the negative traits rule. Let's promote the positive! All it takes is one person to start change, and in turn start a revolution <3

Until next time,
Live. Laugh. Love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PLEASE do not give up!!!

Anger Management

Self Respect