Sole Cakes

My mum brought me home a bunch of wild caught dover sole, and having never cooked with it before, I had not idea what to do with it lol
What did I come up with?
Sole Cakes.

(we made 6 cakes with this recipe)
6 pieces of Sole
2 Small Sweet Peppers (cored & quartered)
1/2 Small (Sweet or Red) Onion
3 (peeled) Garlic Cloves
Thumbnail Size Pc of Ginger (peeled)
Ground Black Pepper
Sea Salt
Paprika
Cholula
Lemon Juice (I recommend fresh - we used the juice of 2 lemons)
(Purple) Basil (I used approximately 10 fresh leaves)
"handful" of Fresh Parsley
1 Egg
1/2 box of (Gluten Free) Cornbread Pieces/Crutons

Put all in food processor/blender and blend.
Heat pan with your choice of oil - use moderation with oil. You can always add more if needed.
Hand patty cake mixture, and put patties into heated oil.
Use spatula to press patty.
Flip once golden brown, and fry until second side is golden brown.
(Pre-heat Oven to 250 degrees to keep cakes warm.)
Garnish with fresh parsley and/or basil.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PLEASE do not give up!!!

Anger Management

Self Respect