Ratatouille

Ratatouille for dinner tonight!
My Nana used to make Ratatouille for my mother.
 I am so thankful that my Nana instilled a love of baking & cooking in me, and I miss her and my grandpa so very much. ...I did not appreciate them enough as a child, but hindsight is 20/20. Make sure to take time to appreciate all in your life. You never know when the good (currently) in your life will be gone. ❤


What is your favorite Ratatouille recipe? I would love for you to share, and would love to try your recipe!
We are going to use the Joy Of Cooking Cookbook for our base recipe. From there we can tinker with it. My mum and I do not know where my Nana's recipe went... betting my Aunt has it haha 


Ratatouille
from The Joy of Cooking by Irma S. Rombauer
1/4 cup olive oil
1 lb eggplant, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
1 lb zucchini, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 cups onions, sliced
2 large red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch squares
3 garlic cloves, chopped
salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
1 1/2 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped seeded peeled
2-3 sprigs fresh thyme
1 bay leaf
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
Heat ¼ c. olive oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven. Saute eggplant and zucchini over high heat until the 
vegetables are golden and just tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
Remove the vegetables and reduce the heat to medium-high. In the same pan, cook onions with 2 
tablespoons of olive oil until onions are slightly softened.
Add red pepper and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are just tender but not 
browned, 8 to 12 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add tomatoes, thyme and bay leaf. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 5 minutes.
Add the eggplant and zucchini and cook until everything is tender, about 20 minutes more. Taste and 
adjust the seasonings. Stir in basil.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PLEASE do not give up!!!

Anger Management

Self Respect