Do you celebrate Valentine’s Day?
Valentine’s Day is one of those holidays that can evoke many emotions, and what I have noticed over the years is, you either like it, or you hate it – few fall in the middle.
This post is for those of us who do celebrate this greeting card day of love. Let’s face it, in today’s day & age, we need a day to focus on Love. And not just romantic love, try to look at it is a day of LOVE. (does that make sense?)
“In February when my garden is barren of flowers, you are the only flower blooming in my heart. I cherish you and adore you with all of my heart because you are my Valentine.” - Debasish Mridha
I am going to share gift ideas, Valentine’s Day DIY’s, Recipes, and more.
So, on that note, let us get started.
Do you love making Gifts? Or DIY holiday celebrations? I am right there with you!
Here are a few ideas:
- Mason Jar Gifts – fill Mason Jars with little gift that you think your recipient(s) will LOVE. Ideas for Jar Fillers include candy, lip balm, homemade cookies (see past posts for recipes, or check out our (gluten free) Baking Board), “coupons” (make on & print from computer; example: coupon for a kiss, coupon for date night, coupon for a hug, coupon for movie night, coupon for day on mountain, coupon for a walk/hike), handmade jewelry, photo/art magnets (can order or make own. Can purchase magnets at craft stores, Walmart & similar), if you live somewhere Cannabis is legal Edibles & Joints/Blunts, or “paraphernalia” make great gifts, essential oils, (mason jar) terrarium, seeds to grow flowers/plants & small gardening accessories/products (make them labels for plants that will grow from seeds; popsicle sticks & sharpies), cookie/brownie/pancake mason jar (ingredients for & recipe) – the ideas are endless!!! Dress them up with handmade labels, ribbon or similar, and embellishments. Voila!
- Paint a Picture – grab a canvas (board is least expensive; can find at art & craft stores and stores like Walmart) You do not have to be an artist to tap into your creativity and LOVE. Have fun with it!
- Make Jewelry. (Again, you can find supplies at crafts stores, Walmart/Big Lots/Tuesday Morning, as well as Dollar Stores.)
- Dollar Store DIY Gifts. You can find a ton of ideas on Pinterest.
- Make dinner (and dessert). Make it romantic and centered around LOVE. Look up recipes that are “aphrodisiacs”, center around chocolate, or pick a theme. Again, Pinterest is great place to start.
- Use a Date Night idea.
- Take romantic/risky/boudoir photos of each other, do your own Photo Booth, or similar.
OR have someone take photos of you to give as Gift.
- (if you live somewhere this is possible this time of year) Make a picnic meal, go for walk/hike, and have a romantic & fun day together. …though you could do this for day on the mountain snowboarding/skiing as well.
- Put together a Scavenger Hunt for Valentine’s Day (and apps & drinks).
…I think this is a good start. If you do not see an idea you like, I know I have already said this, but check out Pinterest.
“If you have only one smile in you give it to the people you love.” - Maya Angelou
Many of the ideas above can be tweaked to be used for a Group Valentine’s Day Celebration.
- Mason Jars can be made for many.
- Group lunch and/or dinner – or picnic.
- Group Painting – at home or at business that offers painting “classes”, some even include wine, or at home, you can supply wine (and/or fun cocktails).
- Go blowing, to a movie, laser tag, or similar fun outing, as well do a group meal (out or at home).
- Make Jewelry together for each other.
- Use a Date Night idea and tweak for group.
- Group Scavenger Hunt (and apps & drinks).
There's a long life ahead of you and it's going to be beautiful, as long as you keep loving and hugging each other. - Yoko Ono
Gifts that do not require any work from you (there are times I don’t feel like DIY’ing it up haha) :
You are not alone if you do not make gifts, do not DIY, do not bake, or similar. Here are some Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas for you.
- Amazing Products from Pure Haven Essentials : Non-Toxic, Organic, All Natural, Gluten Free, Cruelty Free, and in many cases, Vegan Products for Body & Home – for both sexes, and all ages.
- Gift Health <3 Whole Food Nutrition Products for all Ages; Shakes, Bars, Gummies, and Capsules. The benefits are (almost) unbelievable; if our family had not experienced for ourselves, we too would be disbelievers.
- Gardener? Give them the best Aeroponics system on the market!
- Art or Photography by local artists.
- Avid Reader? Books or Gift Card to (local, small business) book store, or Amazon, or whatever company they purchase books through.
- Artist? Gift art & craft supplies. Or similarly, gift photography accessories, or similar, to those whom love photography.
- Go out for dinner to their favorite restaurant, or a new local restaurant. (I always suggest avoiding chains/franchises. Support your local restaurants and chefs.)
- Get them that item they wanted and didn’t get for Christmas.
- Bestow a Spa Day/Massage, or do Spa Day together/Couples Massage.
- Get out of town! Where has your love been wanting to go?
- Hot Springs Day
- Devote a day to spoiling your love with their wishes & desires. And of course, the old stand-by’s: Flowers & Lingerie.
“I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck.” - Emma Goldman
Do you have any ideas/suggestions? Would LOVE to hear them!
Until next time,
Live. Laugh. Love.