Gift Baskets; for T(w)eens

This Easter is my son's 13th Birthday. <eek!> I was struggling with Easter Ideas for a teen boy as my typical wouldn't work any longer, and I didn't want to do candy filled baskets/gifts.
Thankfully the wonderful world of Pinterest was there to save the day. After working through all the varying pins, posts, and links, I used ideas from a few that I felt my son would really appreciate.


Above is a picture of what I came up with.

Need Last Minute Easter/Birthday Basket Ideas?

☆ (Star Wars) Baseball Cap Basket
☆ Fanny Pack Basket 
Basket Fillers:
  •  TShirt
  •  Fun Socks
  •  (Star Wars & Batman) Lego Mini Packs & (Super Hero) Mini Figures Packs
  •  3 Brain/STEM "Games" : Flexi Puzzle, Super Squishy Blob Ball (good for kiddos w/ADHD and Dyslexia), Raptor Building Kit ($16 for all 3 @ Target)
  •  All Natural Jerky
  •  (Star Wars) Pencils & Markers 
  •  Organic Gummies 
  •  (2 oz) Chocolate Easter Bunny 
  •  Organic Gum: Rainbow Ice and Birthday Cake Flavors

My son loved these!!!
(He left for a week with his dad today so we had a mini-cele before he left.)

A few more Filler Ideas:
  • Rubik's Cube 
  • Tech Decks
  • Books or Magazines
  • Sunflower Seeds 
  • Gift Card (ITunes, Google, or similar) 
  • Trading Cards 
  • Portable Charger 
  • Headphones/Earbuds/Portable Speaker 
  • Sunglasses
  • Hot Wheels (usually collectibles at this age) 
  • Playing Cards/Card Game
  • Whoopie Cushion
  • Art & Crafts Supplies (how to draw comic book figures is popular)
  • Fidget

What fun Basket Ideas have you come up with?


I am considering putting together one more basket for when my son returns... or maybe it is an idea that would work for your teen. 
Camping Basket : my idea was to use a Dry Box for Basket
Some Ideas I had for Fillers:
  •  Flashlight 
  •  Pocket Knife 
  •  Boo Boo Stick by Pure Haven Essentials 
  •  First Aid Kit
  •  Compass
  •  Solar Battery Pack/Charger 
  •  Dry Bag 
  •  Non Toxic Cleanser (for self and/or cleaning dishes)
  •  Pocket Book: local animals, plants, or similar.
  •  Journal & Pen(cil)
  •  Healthy (Whole Food Nutrition) Snacks and/or Camp Food Packs
  •  Clip-on Light or Lantern 
  •  Spork
  •  Fire Starter
  •  Binoculars
  •  Slingshot
  •  Whistle
  •  Para-Cord Bracelet
  •  Hand Warmer 

Have a Teen Girl?

Having been one, I would have loved the following:
Use a Purse, Make-Up Bag, Toiletry Bag, Beach Bag, or a usable Basket (one that can be used in bathroom or bedroom).
My ideas for Fillers:
  • Non Toxic Products - Shampoo, Conditioner, Hairspray, Bronzer, Mascara, Body Butter, Sugar Scrub (for lips and/or body), etc.
  • Essential Oils 
  • Whole Food Nutrition Shake Mixes and Bars (yummy yet healthy on-the-go snacks/drinks)
  • Cute Top & Matching Accessory, or PJ's & Sleep Mask
  • Jewelry
  • Manicure Kit: Nail File, Cuticle Cutter, Nail Clippers
  • Boo Boo Stick by Pure Haven Essentials
  • Hairbrush/Comb & Hair Accessories 
  • Organic Gummies & Gum, and Chocolate 
  • "Flosser Picks" (don't want to be caught with food in your teeth!)
  • Portable Charger (can't have a dead phone!)
  • Headphones/Ear Buds/Portable Speaker
  • Key Chain 
  • Gift Card (ITunes, Google, Restaurant, Clothing) 
  • Journal with Pens & Markers, or Coloring Book with Markers & Pencil Crayons, or Arts & Crafts Supplies 
  • Book (I loved Mary Higgins Clark books as a teen, and during my early 20's - easy & fun reading: murder mysteries with romance thrown in. I also would recommend anything by SARK, or Brene Brown.) 
  • Magazine
  • Sandals/Flip Flops & Beach Towel 
  • Sun Hat 
  • Sunglasses 
  • Puzzle/STEM/(Brain) Game
  • Fidget

What Ideas do you have? Please share with us in the comments!

I need to end here though as I could all of Easter Weekend sharing ideas. 
Until next time,
Live. Laugh. Love. 

Comments

  1. This is a great article, I came across many article on internet where they talk about the fidget toys in details, here's a must read article - https://fidgetwizard.com/tips-stress-relief-fidget-toys/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PLEASE do not give up!!!

Anger Management

Self Respect